Brian & trish Miller
The purpose of our ministry is to glorify God through catalyzing the formation, growth and multiplication of disciples, leaders and churches in Berlin and across Europe
Brian and Trish work in Berlin, Germany as Disciple Making Movement catalysts. They are currently focused on raising up disciple-makers from within the refugee community as well as others God leads them to. They work shoulder to shoulder with a band of missionaries from different organizations who are asking God to transform the spiritual landscape of Europe through catalyzing Disciple-Making Movements among all 190 nations represented in Berlin. They also connect with local believers who are passionate about disciple-making and church multiplication. Brian and Trish co-lead Novo Berlin with Eric and Miriam Hesse. They desire to mobilize more missionary bands into Berlin as well as train local believers to raise up disciple-makers from among all people groups.
Jesus clearly says in John 14 that he alone is the “Way, the Truth and the Life” and that “no one comes to the Father except through me.” Less than 1% of all Berliners agree with Jesus! Berlin is a wonderfully diverse city with people from over 190 nations represented including many refugees and other immigrants seeking safety, employment, education and a fresh start. It is also a place of deep brokeness as people look to success, sex (prostitution is legal), drugs, religion, political power and 1000 other substitutions for Christ in their lives. Berlin is not only unreached with the Gospel, there are also pockets of entirely unengaged people groups. 60% of Berliners claim Atheism as their system of (un)belief while another 11% are Muslim.
During our first season in Berlin, we developed a wide network of relationships as we learned about and experienced firsthand the deep need for Gospel transformation in Europe. During our next season, we will continue to expand this work by:
- Catalyzing increased prayer for Gospel movement
- Raising up and mentoring young Christian leaders from various cultural backgrounds, including the refugees we work with
- Finding Persons and Households of Peace to disciple in the ways of Jesus, specifically among unengaged people groups
- Using our apartment as a training and sending center to an even greater degree
- Facilitating short-term prayer and evangelism teams from partner organizations and churches
- Continuing to co-lead and grow our long-term Novo Berlin Team and develop deeper connections with likeminded organizations and churches
- Helping to plan disciplemaking training events in Berlin and across Europe
Desired Ministry Impact
During the next season of life and ministry (2020 - 2025), we are asking God and believing He will:
- Use gatherings in our apartment to train, encourage and launch at least 500 people into prayer and disciple making activity in Berlin
- Open the door to disciple at least two leaders within a specific unengaged people group who will take the Gospel to many others
- Give us the opportunity to significantly build into leaders from at least 7 different countries
- Lead us to form and mentor at least two ongoing teams of believers who are focused on reaching specific people groups
It takes the partnership of many people to send workers in today’s economy. We are so grateful for the sacrifice of the individuals and churches who support us prayerfully and financially. Jesus has called ALL believers to be part of His Great Commission to take the Gospel to all the peoples of the earth. The “going” and the “sending” are of equal importance to the task! Would you be part of our sending team with your prayer and financial support?